Home » Health »
Crying is an automatic and usual response when a person is faced with an emotional situation such as grief, joy or fear.
6 health benefits after crying :
- dried eyeballs moisten and freshen up, moves much more easily. Tears actually contain anti-bacteria properties that prevents eye infection. In fact, a component of tears is lysozyme that functions as a natural antibiotic.
- oxytocin dan endorphins hormones are released. These hormones help relieve emotional and physical pain. Besides this, they also induce the feeling of joy and pleasure.
- the toxins and chemicals that cause stress are discharged through tears. As such, researchers believe crying could reduce toxins in the body.
- the feeling of sadness subsides. Weeping stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system that helps one relax.
- the tears that flows to the nasal cavity enables smoother breathing and normalises heartbeat thus making one feel relieved and calm.
- one will easily fall asleep – notice that after crying for sometimes, babies usually fall fast asleep?
However, crying may be also an indication of depression especially if a person often cries without reason and uncontrollablly, until it affects his/her daily life and routine.
So, it is advisable to seek medical help as soon as possible if one experiences ‘unexplained’ frequent crying.