Do you love fries? Who doesn’t right? What if we told you can have the both of best worlds – you can have fries and do not have to worry about the high calories. Yes, it’s possible, thanks to the low carb zucchini, you do not have to say bye bbye to them golden crispy fries!
1. Preheat oven to 220⁰C with the rack in lowest position. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Trim off the zucchini ends and cut them in half lengthways, then cut each half into ¼ inch (or approximately 0.63cm) thick strips.
3. Give the egg a good old beating and dip each piece of the cut zucchini into the beaten egg – be sure to shake off excess egg (let it drip off). Then quickly dip into the Parmesan cheese.
4. Arrange the resulting coated zucchini in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, remember to turn baking tray halfway through, until crisp and golden.
6. By now, your delicious Zucchini Fries is ready. Serve hot (with chilli sauce for added kick)!
Note : You can most certainly substitute zucchini with courgette as both are suitable for baking. However, not with cucumber as it may be too ‘juicy’ and become wilted when baked.
Calories = 120
Fat = 8g
Protein = 10.9g
Carbs = 1.1g
Fiber = 0.1
Net Carbs = 1g