Instead of relying too much on skincare products ladened with chemicals and eating too much red meat, why not consume a wide variety of plant-based food that provides the beneficial nutrients to nourish your skin, replenish antioxidants and delay the signs of aging.
Here are 5 types of such skin-friendly plant food that deserve your attention :
- Rose extract can inhibit the formation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs), which are linked to the progression of aging and age-related diseases. Rose extract can also increase the activity of antioxidant enzymes, which defend the body against oxidative stress. A gentle astringent, rose has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Rose helps to inhibit enzymes that break down elastin and collagen. Elastin (a highly elastic protein) and collagen (an abundant structural protein) are the protein material that maintain the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
2. Grape Seed
Grape Seed Extract
- Research shows that grape seed extract helps reduce oxidative DNA damage. Grape seed contains powerful antioxidants known as oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs), which help reduce UV (Ultra Violet) ray damage to skin, thereby preventing premature wrinkles and delaying signs of aging.
- Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPCs) also inhibit enzymes involved in the degradation of collagen and elastin and plays a part in wound healing.
- Seaweed is particularly effective at delaying signs of skin aging. Seaweed fucoidans can help protect skin from free radical damage. Fucoidans inhibit matrix metalloproteinases, which break down skin collagen.
- Seaweed helps skin stay firm and elastic.
- Seaweed helps remove toxins from the body and aids in skin repair.
- Amazingly, seaweed can also be used to relieve and treat skin burns.
4. Ginseng and Ginseng Berry
Ginseng & Ginseng Berries
- Poor blood circulation and stress can lead to a dull complexion. Ginseng improves blood circulation and contains ginsenosides that reduce stress
- Ginseng has antioxidants that reduce free radical damage to help delay signs of aging.
- Ginseng berry contains powerful antioxidants that help fight against premature aging caused by oxidative stress and environmental stressors.
- Ginseng berry extract enhances the skin’s ability to repair itself, which effectively delays signs of aging.
- Ginseng can increase skin’s moisture level and elasticity.
5. Cactus and Cactus Fruit
- The powerful nutrients and antioxidants found in cactus can prevent damage to skin caused by free radicals, improve the skin’s barrier function and prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- The high antioxidant activity of cactus fruit can promote the repair and renewal of skin cells and improve skin’s texture, appearance and softness.
- Cactus extract has significant anti-inflammatory functions and can speed up wound recovery and reduce scarring.
- Cactus can help to speed up the production of collagen in the body.
- Cactus extract acts as a moisturizer when applied to skin and helps to prevent water evaporation from the stratum corneum (the outermost layer of the skin).
Leave a Comment