Home » Nutrition »
Who doesn’t love citruses i.e. oranges or lemons? We know we do!
Did you know that citrus plants originate from South East Asia?
Researchers believe that citrus fruits originate from places around India, Burma and certain parts of China. Citrus fruits are known for its culinary and medicinal benefits. Hence, keeping you happy (as it makes your food tastes good) and healthy.
Here are some interesting facts, tips and benefits about this nutritious family of fruits :
- Grapefruit extract can provide an array of anti-ageing benefits including evening your skin tone and fighting free radicals.
- The health benefits of lime include weight loss, aids digestion and relief constipation.
- Blood oranges such as Moro Blood and Sanguinello have high levels of anthocyanins which are antioxidants with anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
- Drinking water infused with fresh lemon in the morning increases your body’s ability to absorb vitamins and can provide a boost in your immunity.
- Valencia oranges are the most widely planted variety of oranges around the world.
- An orange tree can grow up to 30 feet and live for over 100 years.
- A single grapefruit tree can produce of 680 kilogrammes of fruits!
- Kaffir lime is well-known for its capability to fight E.Coli bacteria which causes food poisoning.